Are biofuels really better for the climate than diesel?
Some biofuels are net carbon negative, meaning that their production and use actually removes harmful greenhouse gases from the atmosphere! Other biofuels made from more carbon-intensive materials can have an even worse climate change impact than the petroleum-based products they are designed to replace. How do we ensure that our use of renewable fuels maximizes environmental benefits?
Anil Prabhu, Fuel Evaluation Manager with the California Air Resources Board will explain the “carbon intensity” scores of biofuels currently available on the market. He’ll also explore why it is important to understand these values and what data goes into calculating them.
North America’s largest work truck event is your once-a-year chance to see all of the newest industry products, choose from dozens of industry-focused training courses, and gain access to technical engineering representatives from hundreds of exhibiting companies. Attendees can interact with thousands of industry professionals, set up meetings with current suppliers or customers; find solutions to resolve technical issues, and talk shop with industry peers at special events and receptions.
The Show is the ultimate resource for industry professionals, offering the opportunity to:
- See the latest vocational truck and equipment displays, with product experts available at exhibitor booths
- Meet with current and prospective suppliers
- Find solutions to critical technical questions
- Interact with thousands of peers
- Gain insight into recent industry and market trends
Mark your calendar for the 8th annual GoGreen Seattle 2017 on Thursday, March 16th!
GoGreen Seattle 2016 hosted over 500 regional leaders, 57 speakers and over 50 partners featuring the theme of Green Your Workplace and Green Building. Last year’s theme delivered a track of content dedicated to the business case for high performance and deep green buildings; the importance of district and cooperative energy and applying the principles of green chemistry and engineering to sustainable building and product design. Other important issues addressed included putting a price on carbon pollution and how the updated 2015 Climate Action Plan works to drive private sector and regional economic development forward. View the 2016 Conference Program and featured Case Studies/Speakers who joined us to deliver an action packed day of driving social and sustainable change in their organizations.
- VMMC provides an unmatched scope and variety of sessions and panels for technicians and administrators. The scope of the sessions and panels has been an annual event for over 67 years.
- VMMC uniquely connects fleet management personnel with their peers. The transportation sector includes evolving equipment and technology that they use, or will be using,in their jobs along with arising awareness of environmental responsibility, regulations, certification and permitting. ALL of this information is easily accessed at the VMMC annual conference.
Meet Nationally Known Speakers, the Latest Technology, Local Agencies and Dealers all in one place – and see how other fleets like yours have saved money and reduced their carbon footprint by using alternative fuels. As the fastest-growing alternative fuels regional conference in North America, GTSE offers a conference agenda that will give fleets the best value for their time and money.
The Largest Gathering Of Fleet Managers – Registration Opens Soon!
Badges and Admittance
Admittance into educational sessions is by registration badge only.
All lunches and the Flexy Awards dinner require tickets*.
For more information on Registration rates and policies, click here.
*Tickets are included in many registration packages, and additional tickets can be purchased through online registration or at the onsite registration desk
The Largest Clean Fleet Event. All Alternative Fuels. All Weight Classes.
Join us May 1-4, 2017, at the Long Beach Convention Center in Southern California for the 2017 Advanced Clean Transportation “ACT” Expo. All weight classes and alternative fuel types are represented—electric, hybrid, hydrogen, natural gas, propane autogas, and renewable fuels—providing a one-stop shop for fleets to learn how to reduce costs and emissions.
- Network with more than 3,500 clean transportation stakeholders
- See hundreds of leading vehicle, fueling, and technology suppliers in the Expo Hall
- See real-world AFV projects at off-site tours in Southern California
- Learn from peers in fleet-focused educational sessions
EV Roadmap 10 Brings 400 EV Industry Leaders to Portland, Oregon
The EV Roadmap Conference has established itself as one of the leading electric vehicle conferences in the United States. Founded by Portland General Electric and Portland State University, and now produced by Drive Oregon, the conference provides a “graduate course” in electric vehicle deployment.